John Deere 1025r vs 2025r, which one will be best in the year 2022?
John Deere is a brand from Deere & Company. This is an American Manufacturing Corporation named after its owner John Deere.
They produce heavy equipment machinery such as agricultural machinery, heavy equipment, forestry machinery, diesel engines, drivetrains (axles, transmissions, gearboxes).
Now talking about today’s topic, John Deere 1025R and 2025R are their two tractors with similar capabilities.
Though both of them come with similar workability, Still one is a series of sub-compact tractors and the other is a 2 series compact utility tractor. We will differentiate their comparison on behalf of Specs, Performances, and Power output activities.
Heading straight to their specs regarding John Deere 1025R Vs 2025R
|2WD or 4WD||4WD||4WD|
|Transmission||Hydrostatic 2 Range||Hydrostatic 2 Range|
|3 Point Hitch||Category 1||Category 1|
|Loader Lift Capacity||955 lbs||992 lbs|
|Rear Tire Size||26 by 12-12 inches||31 by 12-16.5 inches|
|Weight||1444 lbs||1793 lbs|
|Wheelbase||57.1 inches||63 inches|
As you can see in the specs, 1025R and 2025R are comparatively similar tractors with a few differences:
Firstly the similarities,
Talking about the engine, they both are powered by Tier 4 Compliant diesel engines. And both of them conveniently can produce 18 PTO horsepower. Here, The PTO horsepower is the amount of horsepower available for running implements with your tractor. Essentially Yanmar engine Offers efficient power and performance.
Next comes the Transmission. In the chart, we can see both tractors are built-in with 2 range Hydrostatic suspension. Talking about hydrostatic suspensions, they are highly durable and easy to operate. For tractors, the easier operation is highly important. Because No driver will want a complex driving method while operating this giant and powerful machine.
Both have been integrated with twin-touch pedals that allow a quick direction change. Also gives you the facility of infinite ground speeds.
Both 1025R and 2025R have the same category 1 – 3 pt hitch for hookups. As a result, both the tractors are compatible with the same type of attachment equipment. You can interchange your implements, Which is significantly convenient because if you just change the tractor and have another one.
What about other features? Bot the tractors have efficiency-boosting features. There is Quick Hitch Compatibility in both which is a demanding feature for workplaces. They consist of cab options and cruise control. 4WD, Power steering, and Tilt steering as well.
4WD helps the tractors to crawl through extreme offroad situations. So as power steering and tilt steering. According to this description, we can easily assume, that both tractors are highly similar in their characteristics.
Now let’s head to the dissimilarities:
- First comes the Price: For some increased capabilities, the price of 2025R is a bit higher. This is why, 1025R is said to be it’s cheaper alternative. Not all the buyers have the same flexible budget. So, cutting off a price and having an alternative is absolutely a good deal. Thus 1025R wins the budget friendly pricing battle.
- Next comes the Tire Size: Larger sized compatible tires are always helpful for this segment. Because an extra tire will give you some extra ground clearance in off road workings. As the 2025R has larger tires, it can provide more ground clearance at work arena. To be noted, larger sized tires also give 2025R the option to have more stability.
- Frame Size: Frame size is also a strong influencer of the stability section. The machine becomes more stable with larger sized frames. Here, the 2025R provides a wheelbase that is 6 inches wider than 1025R.It is sure, the 2025R would provide better stability than it’s competitor.
- Weight: You can find in the chart above, 1025R is of 1444 lbs while 2025R is 1793.5 lbs. 2025R has 15% increased weight. And you gotta know that more weight of a tractor surely strengthens it stability along with workability. The heavier the tractor is, the smoother riding and operating experience it will provide. So, 2025R wins the battle here with it’s heavier body.
- Then, Operation Section: Here we have to take two things into our mind, 1025R is the top model of 1 series. And 2025R is a price model of series 2.
So, being a premium model of a segment, 1025R offers more comfortable seats, armrests, and padding as well. But 2025 is a price model of its segment and offers the basic stander comfort of the driver operation section.
We have gone through several points with good and bad sides. Now term to some brief discussions on John Deere 1025R vs 2025R
Lawn mowing is the first target of any tractor. But it can perform a large number of activities beyond that. And most of the peoples who buy one, keeps in mind all these facts.
Now, the mowing quality of 1025R is comparatively better than 2025R. But 2025 provides a better front loader function along with three-point load operation.
If you think these are your primary target, then go for 2025R. Because you can do your mowing with a regular mower easily. But finding an alternative to loader activities is difficult.
Now driving through a conclusion. If you want to buy a tractor and your choice is over these two specific models. For that reason, you are seeking ideas on John Deere 1025R Vs 2025R.
Then stop for a while, think of yourself what you need actually. What is your primary purpose? If your purpose is to do loading and heavy operational works, go for 2025R. But if you want lawn mowing, you should prefer 1025R.
Asking for a tractor with larger tires, stability, weight, and wheelbase, one has to prefer 2025R. But talking about driver comfort, 1025R takes the lead. And one last thing is the Price. 2025R is a bit more costly.
You can easily cut off some budget and get 1025R as its successful alternative. That’s all you would want to know about John Deere 1025R and 2025R. You can approach getting any of those regarding your choice and requirements now.
Hi, This is George. Founder Of Vacuumist.com. Completed my graduation in Bachelor of Business Administration. Proud father of two lovely baby girls. Reviewing home appliances is my passion. Developing this blog to update and publish my recent reviews and research. Stay in touch.