Being a clean freak can often be tiring and nerve-wracking. Not only are you looking for a clean house or workstation every day, but you also have to put up with troubleshooting from time to time.
For this, getting a squeaky clean can be easier once you reach out to a renowned brand such as Bissell.
This leading company makes amazing deep cleaners that are worth every penny!
They’re super easy to use and will make your room smell fresher than ever.
But like any other electronic equipment, this one might start to act up now and then. It does cost quite a lot, around $300 for each cleaner which might make you rethink your decision to get it in the first place.
But hear us out. When it comes to troubleshooting the problems of Bissell equipment, they’re a lot easier to overcome right at your home.
So, don’t worry, and let us guide you with easy-peasy solutions.
Bissell ProHeat 2x Revolution Not Spraying Water on Floor
The water tank is Not Filled Up
Although this might seem silly to some, this is often the case. Bissell ProHeat 2x Revolution uses up your water pretty fast, given how often or how much you use it.
In case you’ve deep cleaned your carpet or anything extremely filthy, the chances of your tank being almost empty is pretty high.
Hence, give it a quick check and fill it up right away. This should fix the problem, and your cleaner will spray water instantly.
Don’t forget to inspect the water and formula mixture as well! These, too, can run out pretty fast if and when used frequently.
Clean Water Tank is Damaged
From time to time, users have found this to be just the cause.
To examine your Bissell deep cleaner’s water tank for any signs of damage, follow the below steps-
- Fill the clean water tank up to mark.
- Once you do this, take it under a sink and check for any signs of leakage. Given that you do notice a leak, see where it’s coming off. Any cracks, warps, or other sorts of damage in the water tank will require you to replace it right away.
- If you see no leakages in the water tank, move on to the next step. Hold the tank over a sink and push the red valve on the tank. In case there is no water flow through the tank, you will have to get the tank replaced with a new one.
Proper Flow is Restricted
More often than ever, a little mistake can go a long way, and you might end up suffering. Whenever you remove your tank from your Bissell cleaner, ensure it’s set in the right place properly.
If the tank isn’t snug in accordingly, the connection will get disrupted. Result?
Your deep cleaner will spray little water or not spray at all. Remember, little things do matter when it comes to electronic equipment!
Pro Tip: Always avoid excessively hot water in the water tank, as it will damage the tank abruptly.
Besides, please never microwave the Bissell clean water tank, as it will create a gap between the tank and the machine.
This will restrict the liquid flow, and you’ll have to spend a few hundred bucks to get a new one.
Machine Needs Priming
More often than ever, your machine will stop spraying water if the priming is worn out.
If and when this happens, the fluid flow through your cleaner to the surface will be limited. To overcome this error, you need to prime your Bissell deep cleaner right away.
After all, machines with active spray systems need quite the maintenance. With great power comes great responsibilities! So, what exactly should you do to prime your deep cleaner? Just follow the steps below-
- Turn off your Bissell ProHeat 2x Revolution and unplug it from the power source. We don’t want any mishaps!
- Now go ahead and open up the accessory hose door. Once you notice a small and circular opening, use a pointy item such as a pin or ballpoint pen to press into it. Keep doing so until the water inside starts to bubble up.
- Immediately after, press the hose firmly into its place. You’ll have to do so carefully until the red button latches properly.
- After this, simply plug in your Bissell deep cleaner and turn it on.
- Then go on to take the entire hose without a tool connected to it and spray the fluid out. Keep pressing the trigger for around 20 to 30 seconds until it starts to spray with full force. After you notice the hose spraying strongly, you’re done with your task!
Filter is Clogged
In the Bissell ProHeat 2x Revolution, you surely have noticed the flow indicator filter, right?
This thing there will keep solid particles out of the spray pipe but won’t restrict the flow of small particles.
Whenever such small particles go inside, they accumulate inside the pipe or nozzle and end up blocking the filter above.
If and when this occurs, water won’t be able to pass through, and your machine will stop spraying water.
To avoid this issue, always clean the filter after each use.
To do so, firstly, remove the cover. Then lift the red rotor and white filter out of your Bissell cleaner.
Once this is done, rinse them with tap water thoroughly so that no debris is left behind.
After this, simply put back all the parts into their respective positions, making sure that they sit firmly in place.
The pump Belt Needs Fixing
Assuming that you have tried out everything mentioned earlier and none of it worked, check your pump belt immediately.
More often than ever, your pump belt may be damaged in your Bissell machine.
Just as soon as your pump belt gets worn out or broken, no water will flow out from the tank to the nozzle.
To examine whether this is the sole reason behind the malfunction, make sure to do the following-
- Open the belt access door instantly and remove the click. To do so, simply use a flat screwdriver and insert it into the upper groove of the belt access door.
- Once you open it, you’ll notice the belt pulled around the motor shaft. Inspect for any damages. If there are any, get it replaced by an experienced technician or head off to Bissell’s official website and you’ll find a tutorial under the support section. Just follow the steps in the video and you’ll be done in no time!
With this, we have reached the end of our troubleshooting assistance for the Bissell ProHeat 2x Revolution.
This cleaner is one of a kind and has won millions of hearts with its hefty performance.
So, clean it and maintain it with utmost care as it does with your cleaning. I hope you have a great day ahead of you!
Hi, This is George. Founder Of Vacuumist.com. Completed my graduation in Bachelor of Business Administration. Proud father of two lovely baby girls. Reviewing home appliances is my passion. Developing this blog to update and publish my recent reviews and research. Stay in touch.